2017 UC Davis Academic Advising Conference
The campus advising community will come together again for the 3rd annual UC Davis Academic Advising Conference on May 2, 2017. The theme of the spring 2017 conference is ‘Promoting Educational Equity through Advising.’ We are pleased to announce that the conference received special funding this year to focus on equitable advising for all students, with special attention directed to students coming from LCFF+ financed high schools. Schools supported by Local Control Formula Funding Plus (LCFF+) include those with a large proportion of students who are English-learners, qualify for free or reduced-price meals, or are foster youth, as defined by the California legislature.
Register for the third annual UC Davis Academic Advising Conference.
Conference Session Topics Include:
- You're Admitted to UC Davis, What happens now?
- Exploring innovative undergraduate and graduate LCFF student advising techniques used by the Cal NERDS STEMinist initiative at UC Berkeley, an advising case study
- “Me Myself and Us”: Strategies for Understanding and Supporting Students with Dependents.
- Acknowledge, Support, and Empower: Using Strength-Based Ingredients to improving educational outcomes for students from foster
- Success Coaching: Connecting with College Students
- Creating Community for Foster Youth on College Campuses: Effective Strategies
- Voices of Asian Womxn on Our Campus
- Creating your Personal Philosophy of Academic Advising
- Creating a Path: An EOP Student’s Personal Journey Navigating UCD
- What's so special about transfer students?
- GPA Recovery for the PreHealth Student
- Expanded Interventions for At-Risk Students (Co-classes for Intro Biology and Intro Chemistry)—a program merging academic and social/cultural support
- Deconstructing the Asterisk: Native Voices on the Undergraduate Experience