The Advising Training & Professional Development taskforce (ATPD) established a peer advising group to bring together advising administrators, advisors, and peer advisors to discuss peer advising programs and training opportunities at UC Davis. The subgroup includes advisors and peer advisors from across campus and meets monthly.
Goals & Objectives:
- To provide support and networking opportunities to those involved in the administration and delivery of peer advising programs.
- To provide support and resources to newly established peer advising programs.
- To provide information about continuing training & development opportunities for peer advisors across campus.
- To build awareness of campus peer advising programs and to encourage research concerning the effectiveness of peer advising.
- To share best practices through publication and presentation.